Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Up all night

I think I'm the last person in America to start a blog. I hear my friends talking about their blogs, updating their blogs, blah blah blog.... ;)
But since I'm up at 2 in the morning, that seemed like the perfect time to start a blog!
It will take me a couple of days to post pictures and 'customize' the appearance, but I'll do that soon....maybe;)
I'm up because it's hard to sleep in a hospital recliner. It's also hard to sleep when one of your favorite people that you love In the world is laying in pain.
My daddy and I have always been close, he says it best "it's hard to believe you're adopted, because we think, and act and react the same way to so many things."
He's in for Kidney stones, the doctor says it's impassable (at 5cm, I'd say so!)
So they started a 3 week process Monday that will involved 2-3 surgeries.
When mom called Monday morning to tell me they were going to have to operate, she said "your daddy said not to come". Yeah right, I was on the road to Kentucky within the hour, watching the clock and the speedometer the whole way, I wanted to make if before they tooknhim to surgery. I called mom to let her know I was on my way, but told her not to tell daddy cause I knew he would worry.
I made it in time, when I walked in, he teared up.
How could I not be there for the people who have always been there for me?

2 comments:

  1. God knew... He knew you would need to leave quickly. He knew you would be gone for a few days. He knew it would be difficult if you were still our wake up gal. What an awesome God we serve... All things work together and He had this on the radar! Prayers for you daddy, may Father send him rest, peace, and a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a special person, Lee. Words escape me. I will be praying for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete